May Wrap Up and June TBR

12:30 PM


We're officially halfway through 2016! Seriously guys, it's June now. We only have 6 months left of 2016. Where does the time go???

May is a decent reading month. I read more physical books than e-books this month, which is unusual. I was in a semi-reading slump at the beginning of the month, because of one and other things. And I have exams at the end of the month, so I had to divide my time between studying, reading, preparing for graduation, and blogging. I didn't complete the Spring bingo, but I think I did a pretty great job with it, all things considered.

  1. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson ✰✰✰
  2. The Rose and The Dagger by Renee Ahdieh ✰✰✰✰
  3. All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr ✰✰✰.75
  4. Alice's Adventure in Wonderland by Lewis Caroll ✰✰✰.5
  5. High Wire by Charles Ogden ✰✰✰
  6. Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan ✰✰✰✰
  7. Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini ✰✰✰.5
  8. Song of the Nile by Stephanie Dray ✰✰.5
I also read Love & Misadventures by Lang Leav, but since it's a super quick read, I didn't update it to my reading challenge. You can read my review here.
I try to slow down my reading this month, because last month I read A LOT of books, so this month I'll only have 3 books on my TBR.
  1. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
  2. Vicious by V.E Schwab (I promise, this month I WILL read it. No more proscasinating)
  3. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Also this month, PROMISE)
  • I'm officially graduated from high-school! The graduation ceremony was on the 14th, and prom was on the 18th. It's a bit sad and scary to leave high school and venture to the real world, but at the same time it's also exciting! I'm finally free from school, from dress code and the rules. (At least for now).
  • I did my national state university exams on May 31st, and I'm so nervous. There was another way to get in the uni, by school grades and I'm so bummed that I didn't get it (it was pretty close!) I wish I did well in the exams, but idk about the results...
  • I finished the 2nd season of Game of Thrones! It wasn't as gory and explicit as the 1st one, and Tyrion is definitely my favorite character! (aside from the hound and Jorah). P.S: Is it weird that I ship Tyrion with Sansa? He just... idk seems nice with her.
  • I also watched X-Men: Apocalypse, and I think it's great! I really liked it, but it just feels too long for me. Jean and Quicksilver is definitely the scene stealer, but not.enough.Erik! 
  • This is such an amazing month for bookish community. Jenny Han announced #3 book for Lara Jean series, cover for A Conjuring of Light (book #3 in A Darker Shades of Magic by V.E Scwhab) came out, and Cassandra Clare announced an adult series for Magnus Bane! I admit even though I'm tired with Shadowhunters (let's be honest, Cassie is milking it.) but I'm excited for this new Magnus series. I mean, adult + Magnus + malec? The possibilities are endless!




You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Congratulations, you're officially done with high school! Good luck in the future :) I hope you do get around to reading the Great Gatsby and Vicious! Have a good June :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There’s a third book of Lara Jean series??!! I haven’t heard of this. I’m excited but I wasn’t a big of the second book so hope this one will deliver. I absolutely loved TATBILB! <3 And congrats on graduating (all the wrap-up I read are about graduating, you guys are awesome!)
    PS: If you need someone to convince you to start Vicious ASAP then I’m volunteering! Seriously it rocks! Please read it. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is! I also don't know how to feel about it yet, but I'll definitely read it (John Ambrose McLaren deserves better!) Thank you!<33 I knoww! I've heard countless amazing things about Vicious, but I keep putting it off!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on graduating!

    I'm with you on Vicious. I keep meaning to get to it. I honestly keep meaning to get to literally any V.E Schwab book ever. Slash I'm so jealous of your reasonable TBR. You clearly have a better handle on planning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea why we keep putting it off even though we all know it's amazing XD Thank you :D

      Delete
  4. Awesome reading progress this month!! I just bought The Rose and the Dagger and really want to read it soon too! I also started reading Trial By Fire recently, but I ended up putting it back on the shelf to read something else... Maybe I'll finish it eventually. Have a great month!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trial by Fire also doesn't really interest me, and in the end it was just an okay book... I hope you'll enjoy it though!

      Delete
  5. CONGRATS ON FINISHING HIGHSCHOOL YAYYYYYY!!!! *SHOWERS YOU WITH CONGRATULATORY CAKE* And oh oh I'm a huge fan of the Raven Boys. Like a wild wild fan. xD So I hope you enjoy it! And Vicious too! VE Schwab is basically flawless all the time. xD And zomg I'm SO EXCITED FOR the new Magnus books!! :D

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY THANKSSS! I know Cait, you're always raving about Maggie XD (I love your rave though!)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on graduating!! I watched X-Men Apoc and it was everything I could ask for. I think of all the Marvel series, I like X-Men the most. Just the cast seems like the group of people I'd want to spend my time around. I still haven't gotten around to reading The Raven King and considering how much I love TRB series, I feel ashamed.

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd love to hangout with the x-men gang too! They just seem so funny! (I'd love to join in with the bb gun fight) I also keep putting off TRK, so don't worry xD

      Delete
  7. Congrats on finishing up high school, that is an awesome accomplishment you should be proud of :) I'm so excited for you to read The Raven King! And you also reminded me that I REALLY need to read Vicious, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let's just read it together this month haha!

      Delete
  8. Our company Lisshire kids online shopping store Buy baby toys online is designed to help parents to find and buy Baby clothing and accessories online best clothing, shoes, toys, caps and hats and many other accessories and kids to keep them safe at home with your sweet environment.
    Pink fox finger puppet
    Cockatoo finger puppet
    Baby blanket swaddling newborn baby
    America flag socks for men and women
    Womens geometric blue tile leggings
    Blue draped bikini with white pom poms

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thank you so much for visiting, feel free to leave a comment and talk to me, I don't bite :D

Popular Posts

Goodreads

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Tasya has read 2 books toward her goal of 70 books.
hide