Book Review: Through The Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

9:00 AM


Title: Through the Ever Night
Author: Veronica Rossi
E-book, 241 pages
Published: January 8th, 2013
Publisher: HarperCollins
3.5/5 stars

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15819214-through-the-ever-night

It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

I have mixed feelings about this book. I really want to give this book 5 stars. I really do. It started out pretty well, fast paced and action packed. But I think halfway through something goes wrong for me.

It's told from 2 POVs, Aria and Perry. At first they're in the same place. But halfway through, they go on their separate ways. Which made me find it hard to connect with the characters and to concentrate with one story. One chapter we're with The Tides, the next chapter we're at The Rim. And I think the plot moves too fast there. Everything is happening at once. Sure, it's a page turner, but everything is happening to fast. *spoiler I feel nothing when Liv died, even though I should've felt something. But nothing. It's happening too fast. One moment she's standing, the next moment Sable's arrow struck her. I'm not even sure the arrow struck at her heart, it was never mentioned. And then they jumped to the river. I have to read that part over and over again, but nope. Still nothing. *spoiler ends.

Perry grows a lot in this book. He has his doubts, and people also doubt him. But he always trust his instinct, which is doing what's the best for the Tides. And he also don't hestite in helping other people. Eventually he earned the Tides' trust and respect, and he truly becomes their Blood Lord. 

Aria is such a strong female character. She's smart and determined. She won't give up even though she was poisoned or hurt. Sure she's missing Perry, but she isn't whiny about it and moves on with the plan. Roar and The Six are really loyal to Perry. I'm glad he has friends like them. And no matter what they'll stand by him. I feel bad for Roar though.

Overall it was a great book. I feel like something is missing, and I wish the plot could go slower. But it has strong characters and amazing world-building. Now on to Into the Still Blue!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I haven't gotten into this trilogy yet, but given how many people have rave reviews about this one, I guess I'm really ready to try this new adventure! Amazing review, Tasya! :)

    Fiona | A Girl Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thank you so much for visiting, feel free to leave a comment and talk to me, I don't bite :D

Popular Posts

Goodreads

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Tasya has read 2 books toward her goal of 70 books.
hide