The Raven Cyce Book Tag12:30 AM
After a lot of rave reviews and hype, I finally read The Raven Cycle Series by Maggie Stiefvater earlier this year. And while it doesn't end up as one of my all time faves, I do loved it. The dream like quality, the characters, the welsh legend it incorporates, the dreamy sleepy town... They're just perfect. It's also pretty spooky, so after tagged by Erin more than 3 months ago (sorry Erin!) I think this is the perfect time to do this tag! Let's just get started.
1. In the books, Maura is the relaxed mom that is Blue’s friend more than an actual mother. Who is your favorite mom character?
Arguably, Narcissa and Lily could fit this category, but while we know Lily would do all the things Molly do to Harry in the alternate universe where Neville is the Chosen One, in this universe she's actually, well, dead. As for Narcissa, she loved Draco so much but she didn't have the courage to OPENLY defies Voldemort until the very end. Also she spoiled Draco too much so I don't think she would be mother of the year in terms of education.
I'd steal Erin's answer (and probably everyone's answer of this question) and go with Molly Weasley. The way she cares for her family, but also take care of Harry, Hermione and the rest of the order. I think she knew from the first time she met Harry how much danger she puts her family in- after all, Harry is The Boy Who Lived. And yet she still took care of him for years, even join the fight and openly defies Voldemort. She's also embodies the stereotypical mother: fussy but loving. I can't think of a better fictional mother to go against Molly.
Here's a little bonus to give you feels:
2. Adam wanted to go to Aglionby so he could one day escape where he came from. Have you ever dreamt of living somewhere else? Where?
I used to want to live in Greece. I mean the beaches??? Have you seen them? Not to mention my obsession with ancient greek. But for my whole life, I always wanted to live in either Spain or Vatican. The architecture, the culture, the language.... I'm in love.
3. In the second book we meet the Gray Man. He is a hit man who loves poetry. Name a book that you thought was going to be one thing but turned out to be something else.
MISS PEREGRINES HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN by Ransom Riggs. I initially thought it was a creepy book because of the cover? But it's not scary at all, only about magical realism filled with monsters. The pictures inside the book are pretty creepy though...
4. Gansey has searched most of his life for a buried king who is promised to grant one wish. What is one wish you would ask Glendower?
I don't know really, there are a lot of things I wanted in this life, but I think I would like to ask for gratitude for everyone. Because when you have gratitude you'll learn how to be content and happy with what you have right now, and I think it could help a lot of people to make them see how blessed they are actually and just.stop.whining.
5. In this series you get to see Greenmantle as a fleshed out character but also as a villain. Name your favorite villain.
I tend to fall for the villains so I have a lot of villains to choose for! Crowley, Bellatrix, The Darkling, Moriarty, Loki, and so on. I don't have any favorites, they're all my evil babies!
6. Blue’s got her Raven Boys. Who makes up your bookish team?
I would say Shahrzad and Khalid, Percabeth, Nikolai Lantsov and Will Herondale (you see what I did there hehe) All of them are awesome fighters and love stories, except for Percy maybe, but you can't have Annabeth without Percy right? Also, watching the banter between Nikolai and Will would've been fun!
7. Ronan is a bad ass with a sensitive side. What book have you read that was action packed but had beautiful emotional scenes as well?
THE LAST OLYMPIAN by Rick Riordan. Honorable mentions include GODDESS by Josephine Angelini and CLOCKWORK PRINCESS by Cassandra Clare. They are all a series finale, and it's all about battle time so it's non stop action and strategizing from first page to the near end. And emotional scene? You've got plenty of deaths to get yourself emotional trust me.
8. Noah has a heart of gold. Who has touched your heart recently?Um.. idk? Not much happened in my life right now so I don't really know...
9. Calla is a woman who speaks her mind and puts her foot down when necessary. Who is your favorite strong female character?
Credit to whoever made this. If you know please don't hesitate to contact me!
Without a doubt, Shahrzad Al-Khayzuran. She has a quick mind and sharp mouth, so her ability to fight with her mind and words are undoubtable. In addition to that, her archery skill is amazing! She's beauty, she's grace, and she would nock an arrow in your face.
10. Chainsaw is an awesome Raven boy pet. If you could have one “exotic” pet…what would it be? What would you name it?I'd love to have a phoenix please! And I would name him Nikolai after Nikolai Lantsov.
Cait @ Paper Fury (because Stiefvater!)
And all of you who loves The Raven Cycle!