Book Review: The One by Kiera Cass

1:31 PM

Title: The One
Author: Kiera Cass
Paperback edition, 336 pages
Published: May 6th, 2014
Publisher: HarperTeen
4/5 stars

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15844362-the-one

Summary:

The time has come for one winner to be crowned.

When she was chosen to compete in the Selection, America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown--or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the end of the competition approaches, and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose--and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.

Review:

"35 girls entered The Selection. Only one can win"
How do I explain my feelings?

I always love the selection covers. But so far this is my favorite. The dress is so beautiful. But the only thing I hate from this series is how the title spoil the story for us. Like the selection, America entered the selection. The Elite, America is still competing as an Elite. The One? Well you guess it yourself.

The selection will be forever on my favorite series list. I really like the unique idea of 35 girls competing to be the queen. I know most kingdom use arranged married to gain more power. But in this book, the prince get to choose the finest girls from the country. 35 girls.

Now, this book. I really like this book. But I kind of hating america in this book. He's using Aspen as a safety net and that's so selfish. But in the end, i'm glad everything work out just fine even after Maxon found out about Aspen.

Celeste. In this book we get to see the real Celeste. And honestly, I feel attached to her. And then, in one short paragraph, as I quote:
I watched in confusion as a red-marked guard walked up behind Celeste and put a bullet squarely through the back of her head.


She killed her. Kiera Cass killed Celeste in one short paragraph which contains only one sectence.
What's the point of showing the real Celeste and then kill her???

Queen Amberly and King Clarkson. I see that Clarkson has to be killed so Maxon could be a king. But I rather have him survived, Maxon explains everything to him, and watch him trying to control Maxon (but ofc he can't anymore) As for Queen Amberly, I feel really bad for her. She almost got her daughter. So close. She's been the nicest person in the palace, the one who accepts the girls and guide them through the selection process. She's gone now. Who's going to give America advice about being a queen when she need it?

This book is a rollercoaster of emotions. I feel hatred, sympathy, sadness, loss, grief, love, happiness, loyalty, and friendship through the pages, through the story and the character. I loved every second of reading this book, and this series will have a special place in my heart.

Thank you so much Kiera Cass for the amazing journey and experience with America.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi guys! Thank you so much for visiting, feel free to leave a comment and talk to me, I don't bite :D

Popular Posts

Goodreads

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Tasya has read 2 books toward her goal of 70 books.
hide