Book Review: The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

10:46 AM

Title: The Evolution of Mara Dyer
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Kindle edition, 546 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Published: October 23rd 2012
3/5 stars
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13643567-the-evolution-of-mara-dyer

Summary:

Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.
She can’t.

She used to think her problems were all in her head.
They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.
She’s wrong.

In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?


Review:

I find it hard to write a review about this book. This book is so twisted and intense. I don't know how is this possible, but this book is so much more creepy, twisted, and intense than The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. This book is so fucked up. This book fucked me up so badly, that I don't know what to think about this book.

This book goes to Mara's family history. The story of Mara's grandmother. And Mara also had visions about a girl in India. I think that girl is Mara's grandmother, and the visions are memories. But, in this book, you can't be sure. One page you felt sure with your theories, but when you flip the page, you'll doubt them.

I really hate it when the main character goes crazy and paranoid because it made me fell trapped within my own mind. That's how I feel mostly when I read this book. Trapped. I wanted to scream, but I can't. I felt Mara. I felt trapped, paranoid, afraid, and confused.

Some things are so obvious in this book (like Phoboe's boyfriend and Daniel's keys) and Mara didn't even notice them.

Speaking of Jude and Phoboe, they's both extremely psycopath and delusional. Nuff said.

Thank God for Noah Shaw. Noah amazing-perfect-hot-british Shaw. He's very supportive towards Mara during this whole thing. I have to admit that he's kind of psycopath (he almost burn the asylum!!!) but he truly loves Mara. He accepts her. When Mara talked to him, I can feel that Mara (almost) forget about all her problems. Almost.

And Jamie. Jamie is back yay! And Jamie is having the same problem with Mara. (which one? which problem? I'm not telling you!)

The ending kills me. No, I refuse to believe Noah is you-know-what. I'll curl my self, refusing to believe the ending, and wait until November 4th 2014 for The Retribution of Mara Dyer.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi guys! Thank you so much for visiting, feel free to leave a comment and talk to me, I don't bite :D

Popular Posts

Goodreads

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Tasya has read 2 books toward her goal of 70 books.
hide