Book Review: Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz, Ron Bass

12:05 PM


Title: Lucid
Author: Adrienne Stoltz, Ron Bass
Paperback Edition, 502 pages
Publisher: Mizan
Published: Desember 2013
3/5 stars

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12926807-lucid

Summary

What if you could dream your way into a different life? What if you could choose to live that life forever?

Sloane and Maggie have never met. Sloane is a straight-A student with a big and loving family. Maggie lives a glamorously independent life as an up-and-coming actress in New York. The two girls couldn't be more different--except for one thing. They share a secret that they can't tell a soul. At night, they dream that they're each other.

The deeper they're pulled into the promise of their own lives, the more their worlds begin to blur dangerously together. Before long, Sloane and Maggie can no longer tell which life is real and which is just a dream. They realize that eventually they will have to choose one life to wake up to, or risk spiraling into insanity. But that means giving up one world, one love, and one self, forever.

Review:

Finally I finished it! It took me 3 weeks to finished it, because, well, school. I saw this book in my local bookstore a couple of times but always ended up buying another book. Then when I was at my friend's house, I saw this book. I took it obviously. She was okay with it, but she gives me a warning, "You'll regret this, this book makes no sense."

She was right in a way.

It started out fine, like a book with 2 povs. Maggie lives in a big city, an actress and lives with her mom and sister. Sloane in country I guess, just lost her bestfriend, have a complicated relationship with her other bestfriend, and normal family. But. Here's the catch. When Maggie falls asleep, she dreams that she is Sloane. When Sloane falls asleep, she dreams that she is Maggie. Both are aware with each other existence, and always coexisted peacefully.

Around the last 100 pages or so, things started to go awry. Maggie started to see people from Sloane's life, and vice versa. Their worlds collide. Both Sloane and Maggie are terrified, they both don't know who's real, and they both don't want to dissapear.

I can't write a proper review about this book. I mean, I'm not exactly sure what's happening in this book. I don't know what is real or not real. Much less about the ending. I feel like I got something, I grasp something about the story, but I'm still struggling. When I'm done I keep re-reading the last 2 chapters and thinking, because I'm not sure I got the ending right. It's the kind of open ending book that freaks you out, because you wanted more explanation, but in a good way. I have to admit though that the authors are really good in writing this book, capturing the reality (or the freakiness of the situation) and make the readers think.

Now the important question: Who is the real one?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi guys! Thank you so much for visiting, feel free to leave a comment and talk to me, I don't bite :D

Popular Posts

Goodreads

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Tasya has read 2 books toward her goal of 70 books.
hide